1. Derrick Jones Jr.
Derrick Jones Jr. may be the best athlete in the entire NBA.
More from Valley of the Suns
- Ranking the Phoenix Suns’ 5 holiday games in 2023-24
- Zion Williamson gets compared to Phoenix Suns legend
- Suns player preview: Bol Bol can be the perfect role player
- Former Suns’ guard shows he is officially done with Phoenix
- NBA insider guarantees Suns’ rival won’t make blockbuster trade
Last season, he became a national sensation. At the beginning of the year Jones couldn’t make it
out of the D-League (now G-League) affiliate. Eventually, he ended up on the Suns in the last game before the All-Star break, and into the Slam Dunk Contest. It’s safe to say that D.J. put on a show. Despite losing out to Glen Robinson III, Jones Jr. successfully made a name for himself in the NBA ranks.
Unfortunately for Jones, his rise has come slowly to a halt. Despite his unreal athleticism, the rest of his game simply has not developed. While Jones plays decent defense, he struggles with his jump shot, seemingly never finding a consistent rhythm.
But this article isn’t about flaws; it’s about hops. D.J. has hops to spare.