Suns TV schedule adds ESPN games

Posted by on December 27th, 12:54 pm

The Phoenix Suns have added another nationally-televised game to their schedule, according to multiple media outlets. On top of the single ESPN-televised game against the New Orleans Pelicans on Feb. 28, the Worldwide Leader also picked up a Jan. 8 game between the Suns and the Minnesota Timberwolves.

The twist: that evening was initially set to showcase a meeting between the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets. But between Kobe Bryant’s knee injury, the Lakers’ overall struggles and the game being in Houston and not L.A., it seems the opportunity for ESPN to grab another Suns game was too good to pass up.

Update: ESPN also added a Jan. 22 game when the Indiana Pacers visit the Suns.

At 17-10 coming out of the Christmas break, the acknowledgments of Phoenix’s success have finally made their way into the mainstream. During the Christmas Day games, the Suns were a common topic in the ABC-ESPN crews, as they should be.

No matter what happens from here on out, it’s clear that the entertainment value the Suns bring on a nightly basis won’t wane. And now, that’s enough juice to overcome the lack of hype for Phoenix and Minnesota. They’ll be obviously more entertaining a matchup than a Lakers-Rockets showdown.

And 1

A link a few days old but certainly worth mention: Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski columnizes on Robert Sarver’s admissions of past mistakes, the hiring of Ryan McDonough and the Suns’ outlook as of now.

Twitter LinkedIn Google+

Tags: Phoenix Suns

• 1 vtsunrise // Dec 27, 2013 at 1:43 pm

That’s wonderful news for this east coaster. And an 8 p.m. Eastern start time. How civilized. Suns are earning respect and attention. I expect there’ll be a lot more nationally televised games next season.

• 2 EBJM // Dec 27, 2013 at 1:59 pm

A televised Suns game in place of the Houston game in Houston! I’m with you on this one VT!

• 3 john // Dec 27, 2013 at 3:31 pm

That Wojo article was pretty unbelievable. Unbelievable in that I never thought I’d see Wojo say anything about Sarver that wasn’t terribly insulting.

• 4 Foreveris2long // Dec 27, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Very wise move by the network. The Suns and Trailblazers remain two of the hottest NBA topics this season so I think the recognition is greatly appreciated by Planet Orange.

• 5 win a free xbox one // Jan 30, 2014 at 6:51 pm

I’m curioys to find out what blog platform you are working with?
    I’m experiencing some minopr security problems with my latet website and I would like to find somethinbg more risk-free.
    Do you have any solutions?

• 6 local business bay area // Mar 28, 2014 (4 weeks ago) at 7:13 pm

It’s remarkable in favor of me to have a site, which is good
    in favor of my know-how. thanks admin