VotS Live: Chatting about the Suns’ Marcin Gortat trade

Posted by on October 26th, 5:40 pm

Join us at 6 p.m. MST as we chat about the Suns’ trade of Marcin Gortat to the Washington Wizards. And feel free to ask us any questions about the Suns.

Twitter LinkedIn Google+

Tags: Kendall Marshall · Marcin Gortat · Shannon Brown · Washington Wizards

• 1 George S // Oct 26, 2013 at 6:11 pm

If THE wIZZARDS DID NOT ACCEPT mARSHAL wouls the deal have fallen through??

• 2 Slap Dog Hoops (SDH) // Oct 26, 2013 at 7:43 pm

It’s definitely certain the direction that Phoenix is going is straight down.

• 3 Lon Babby // Oct 26, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. It’s been said that in the 11th hour is when all great deals get done. And no doubt that is what has taken place. Ryan has done a tremendous job at positioning our compass in a direction that makes sense, a direction that is clear. We like to think that were still in a sea of rebuilding, but we can see land ahead in our binoculars. Please be patient with us, and we will get this ship righted once again.

Best regards,
    Lon Babby

• 4 Michael Schwartz // Oct 26, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Yes, deal could have been done without Marshall. The Suns wanted to include him so the Wizards would pay his salary upon being cut rather than them.

• 5 Greg Ostertag // Oct 26, 2013 at 11:49 pm

What the fuck is going in? This is the only way I can get in touch with the Suns. Hornacek blocked my cell number. Lon Babby lied to me. He said he was going to bring me in as a sandwich runner and there could be a spot for me on the roster. Thanks a lot jerkface.

Not sincerely,
    Greg Ostertag

• 6 Scott // Oct 27, 2013 at 12:16 am

Greg Ostertag might actually start … ;)

• 7 Keith // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:08 am

Thanks for the video, guys. Nice job. I hope you are right, Schwartz, and we lock up Bledsoe on a reasonable deal around 10 per. Would complete the perfect offseason in my opinion.

• 8 EBJM // Oct 27, 2013 at 1:23 pm

How about having the Pistons extend Greg Monroe then sending Dragic, & the twins and maybe the Pacers pick in a trade for him!

• 9 Keith // Oct 27, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Not bad, EB, but I’d rather wait until the summer and get Love or see if we get Randle in the draft and go from there. And also give DragonBlade a year first to see how they do.

• 10 EBJM // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Apparently the 76ers didn’t appreciate the Suns going into full-tank mode so rumor has Turner, Hawes, & Young all being put on the trading block AND are going to bring in Kendall Marshall.

The race at the bottom sure will be exciting!

• 11 foreveris2long // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:05 pm

EBJM, Wow!!! Bringing in perhaps the worst NBA point guard I have ever seen to insure them the bottom spot. This is funny stuff.

• 12 john // Oct 28, 2013 at 6:50 am

With kendall marshall running the show, I’d bet the under even if Vegas put it at 0.5.

• 13 EBJM // Oct 28, 2013 at 7:23 am

Well it turns out the 76ers cut former Sun Gani Lawal and the signed undrafted BYU forward Brandon Davies who was just released by the Clippers. They have 15 players on their roster.

I have one more Marshall scenario, the Pistons. From what I read on one of their fan sites they were pretty enamored with Marshall and some fans were hoping the Pistons would select him @ #9. But we all know the Pistons were estatic to find Andre Drummond still on the board.

But the Pistons still could use the 6′-4″ Marshall because the last time I checked they had three little PGs in Jennings, Bynum, & Siva.

Other than those two teams I have no idea who might take him.

Back to the brother/family theme, the Knicks after loading up on veteran PGs, gave their 15th roster spot to J.R.’s little brother PG Chris Smith.

I didn’t realize this before but did you guys know that Andrew Wiggins is the son of former Rocket Mitchell Wiggins?

• 14 DBreezy // Oct 28, 2013 at 9:34 am

Yes I knew that about Wiggins EBJM. It’s part of why on paper at least I’m not too worried about those who don’t find him to be vocal/boisterous enough. He may have that Griffey JR, Bonds, or Fielder view on that type of stuff. We’ll start to see how that pans out this season.

As for Marahall, I thought Utah would have been a possibility before they grabbed Tinsley. If no one gives him a shot this week, my guess is that he ends up in the D league. I’m not sure how much interest he’ll draw from Europe with his game, but he’ll probably want a NBA out clause since he really hasn’t gotten much of a chance yet. I’m not sure teams will find him worth giving that. After 702 mins, I tend to doubt that he wants to put himself on seemingly never ending circuit of Euro league/summer league hero/camp invite/late cut back to Europe just yet. He’s got 2M coming in no matter what so he can afford to go to the guard dominated D league and see if he can keep himself relevant and readily available.

• 15 NOitall // Oct 28, 2013 at 10:38 am

@EBJM – Monroe would be nice, but do you really think DET wants to add another PG to it’s roster. Already has Jennings, Billups, Stuckey, Bynum and Siva, and only one SG with any size.

As for Marshall, he will be coveted in Europe, because they love pass-first guys that can’t score. He will thrive overseas.

• 16 EBJM // Oct 28, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Detroit is one starting combo guard away from a playoff spot. Jennings showed in Milwaukee he preferred playing catch with Monta Ellis. For the last time, Billups is through as a player. The Pistons tried Stuckey at point and he failed. Bynum is a career 3rd string PG. Siva as of today is battling Bynum.

So in Dragic they get that starter with size and length, remember he has a HUGE wingspan. Plus he is already tested. Then with the twins they get some much needed depth.

Just thinking out loud which is what we do here.

• 17 EBJM // Oct 28, 2013 at 2:20 pm

“There is growing expectation in the league that McDonough will move the well-regard Goran Dragic in a Gortat-style deal for more assets”.