Goran Dragic injury update: Ankle sprain not severe

Posted by on October 18th, 8:06 am

Phoenix Suns guard Goran Dragic suffered a nasty-looking ankle sprain Thursday night in a game against the Sacramento Kings and will sit out the next few days to rest an injury described as “mild to moderate,” according to The Arizona Republic’s Paul Coro.

Phoenix still has a game this coming Tuesday against the Oklahoma City Thunder at home before a preseason finale the next night at Denver. That leaves another full week for Dragic to recover before the regular-season opener against the Portland Trail Blazers on Oct. 30.

While Suns coach Jeff Hornacek would undoubtedly like to give his starting unit more playing time together, it seems pointless to push the starting point guard. Phoenix will get Eric Bledsoe more experience as the lone point guard and perhaps the door has opened for Kendall Marshall to fight for more minutes.

Twitter LinkedIn Google+

Tags: Goran Dragic

• 1 Sillmarillion // Oct 18, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Hey you guys, I have a question not related to this article. Do you play some fantasy basketball anywhere?
    Maybe we could make a VotS-league?

• 2 Keith // Oct 18, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I play on ESPN….

• 3 GoSuns // Oct 18, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Me too

• 4 BCrayZ // Oct 19, 2013 at 8:57 am

Sorry Gogi.

I know that it hurts to get hurt.

Take good care of yourself with slow gentle stretches that shift all of your weight over to your right foot, as you stretch out your left ankle.

MUST reunite “that killer bench unit.” Let’s go SUNS!!!!

• 5 Lance // Oct 21, 2013 at 1:41 am

Go Gogi, go.

• 6 ??? ?? // Oct 30, 2013 at 8:17 am

Hey would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using?
    I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a hard time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely
    unique. P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

Here is my web blog: ??? ??