NBA trade rumors: Kings another option to take Suns’ 5th pick

Posted by on June 27th, 1:55 pm

The Phoenix Suns just might move down in the 2013 draft. A number of teams are hoping to move into the top-5, odd considering the supposed lack of star power in this class. So it might be smart for the Suns to see what else they can pick up — there’s no point in hanging to No. 5 if what’s there is the same as what’s at No. 10 or so.

Multiple national writers believe the Suns are looking to make a trade and move down in the draft.

The most important tweet in all this is Sam Amick’s. It appears the Suns have kept their targets close to the vest, at as such it also matters who is taken before them. In short, we might not know what to expect until the first four picks are decided.

There could be a lot of movement ahead of the Suns — and other trade options for them. The Utah Jazz, Oklahoma City Thunder and Timberwolves are all interested in moving into the top-5, according to Chad Ford of ESPN.

Twitter LinkedIn Google+

Tags: Draft

• 1 NOitall // Jun 27, 2013 at 2:23 pm

I sure hope they aren’t looking at taking back any of their players, because not a single one of them has positive value to us. And NO, Jimmer sucks. Only guy I would take is Thomas…

If they do this deal, it has to include them taking Beasley off our hands.

• 2 Ty-Sun // Jun 27, 2013 at 4:01 pm

If Oladipo is taken before #5, I say offer the Kings a straight up trade of our #5 and our 2nd round pick (#57) for their #7 and their 2nd round pick (#36). If they don’t like that deal then we keep the #5 pick.

• 3 foreveris2long // Jun 27, 2013 at 4:35 pm

I am not trading number 5 unless at a minimum we secure 2 1st round picks.

Scott I got your note that D. Williams just turned 22 and therefore is not 21. Thanks

• 4 DBreezy // Jun 27, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Very interesting so far

• 5 DBreezy // Jun 27, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Will it be BMac, Noel, Len or the field?

• 6 MidnightSun // Jun 27, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Bmac please, hope I didn’t just jinx us??

• 7 DBreezy // Jun 27, 2013 at 5:00 pm

No matter who the Suns pick they have to be thinking hard about a trade for more.

• 8 MidnightSun // Jun 27, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Jordon sweating right now deciding if he should pass up Noel?..lol

• 9 MidnightSun // Jun 27, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Especially with all the big men left . And we know Suns want to grab a big in this thing before it’s all done. Por should still be a good trade partner i’d think.

• 10 MidnightSun // Jun 27, 2013 at 5:10 pm

trade Gortat toPor for the 10th right now. I’ll even call for them

• 11 DBreezy // Jun 27, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Somewhat bold move with Noel and BMac still on the board, but lets see where McD goes from here. Someone is getting a steal or two value wise in this draft.

• 12 phxfaninla // Jun 27, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Wtfff len? Mclemore and noel were avaliable what the hellllllll??

• 13 foreveris2long // Jun 27, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Beautiful pick in Len. I am so pleased. Let’s trade Gortat as there is going to be some excellent talent at the 10 spot. Very, very cool. McD you are the man.

• 14 DBreezy // Jun 27, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I’m with you Midnight, lets get greedy and handle some business at the same time.

• 15 DBreezy // Jun 27, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Your boy R.Lo might be in trouble Foreveris. That could be a nasty front court.

• 16 Zane // Jun 27, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I’ve been a suns fan my entire life, and now I’m f*cking done. Len is complete trash the worst player we could have on the team. I’m finding a new team

• 17 Elviro (Italy) // Jun 27, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I was hoping for … Oladipo, as this Len? Now I’m going to sleep here are 2:15 at night …!

• 18 MidnightSun // Jun 27, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Yea, with NN and B still on the board at 5. You’d think the Suns could’ve traded back with someone? McD must really have fallen in love with Len. Not so sure Suns are looking for extra picks anymore unless Len was already gone at 5. Looking that way to me at least.

• 19 DBreezy // Jun 27, 2013 at 5:17 pm

What a terrible situation for BMac, a lot depends on their coach and new ownership.

• 20 MidnightSun // Jun 27, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Does this means Tyk could be had in FA now? I think it could [sorta].

• 21 MidnightSun // Jun 27, 2013 at 5:30 pm

If TWolves take Shabbaz here, I think they could make a run for playoffs.

• 22 Palm oil futures | OilPit.Net // Jul 4, 2013 at 1:36 am

[...] NBA trade rumors: Kings another option to take Suns' 5th pickValley of the SunsThe Phoenix Suns just might move down in the 2013 draft. A number of teams are hoping to move into the top-5, odd considering the supposed lack of star power in this class. So it might be smart for the Suns to see what else they can pick up — there's …and more » [...]