If you’ve yet to figure it out yet, the 2013 NBA Draft doesn’t make sense. Put the microscope on the Phoenix Suns, and it’s pretty well-received throughout the basketball world that Victor Oladipo and Ben McLemore could be favorites at the No. 5 slot, and it appears pretty likely that one of the two could fall into general manager Ryan McDonough’s lap.
But this draft doesn’t make sense. The No. 1 pick, after all, is more of a toss-up between Nerlens Noel and Alex Len than you might think. Heck, there were trade rumors on Wednesday that said the Cavaliers were open to swapping the No. 1 pick to the Pelicans.
Point being, McDonough probably won’t know what’s really going to happen until 4 p.m. hits on Thursday. In one of the Suns’ last workouts, McDonough grabbed a CBS mic and went around the media circle asking who Phoenix will take. It was an attempt at putting it on the record. There were a lot of jokes made about who the Suns pick, but for what it’s worth, I went Oladipo to be safe and serious.
But we probably should go on the record. Here’s a roundup of mock draft from everywhere. Most of them are current and final as of Draft Day Eve.
- Myself and Ryan Weisert: TrueHoop Network mock draft — Victor Oladipo, Jeff Withey
- Paul Coro: The Arizona Republic – Anthony Bennett, Pierre Jackson
- Chad Ford: ESPN mock draft 6.0 — Ben McLemore, Tony Snell, Richard Howell
- Chris Mannix: Sports Illustrated 5.0 — Victor Oladipo, Allen Crabbe
- Steve Kyler: USA Today/HoopsWorld – Victor Oladipo, Glen Rice Jr.
- Kris Habbas: NBA Draft Insider — Victor Oladipo, Lucas Nogueira, Tahj Tate
- Sean Deveney: The Sporting News — Ben McLemore, Tony Snell
- Jonathan Tjarks: SB Nation — Victor Oladipo, Archie Goodwin
- NBADraft.net – Victor Oladipo, Jamaal Franklin, Ray McCallum
- Jonathan Givony, Draft Express — Victor Oladipo, Pierre Jackson, Ryan Kelly