Ricky Ledo (shooting guard/small forward)
Weight: 197 lbs
Max Vertical Leap: 33.5”
Joe Johnson. They are about the same height, but Johnson weights about 40 pounds more. That will be fixed once Ledo gets into the weight room after being drafted. After all, Ledo is only 20 years old. They both have a good shot, especially off the dribble, and can be a playmaker for their teammates. They both can have bad body language at times and are not known for their defense, despite having the physical tools to be decent to good defenders.
- Playmaker that can get himself and his teammates shots with ease
- Has above average shot all the way past the three point line
- Draft Express says he has, “a very low, controlled dribble with all the advanced dribbling he needs, while showing good instincts as well
- Higher upside than many this far down in the draft
- Defensive intensity is sometimes tied to offensive production
- Will be a project as he probably won’t crack a rotation (except maybe Suns) in his rookie year
- Not highly explosive laterally or vertically, but more fluid in his movements
- Had rough background including changing schools multiple times and has bad body language at times
How he fits with the Suns:
If the Suns want to go “small” with the 30th pick in the draft, Ledo would be a good pick. He could bring some playmaking and he is a project of sorts, which is good because it means he probably won’t be so amazing that he would play Phoenix out of the Wiggins Sweepstakes next summer. He would be a young replacement at back-up shooting guard that could learn the game at his own pace and develop into hopefully an above average role player.