Erick Green (point guard/shooting guard)
Weight: 178 lbs
Max Vertical Leap: N/A
Mike Conley. Both players are undersized with Conley being shorter and slightly heavier. Both have the speed and basketball IQ to run that pick-and-roll and can shoot the ball. Conley probably has a better inside game, while Green has better perimeter shooting. Both have intensity on defense, but didn’t win the innate genetic lottery to develop into elite defenders.
- Efficient and excellent shooter, especially using off the dribble pull-ups
- Possesses speed, vision, and high basketball IQ to utilize pick-and-roll well to distribute the ball to teammates
- Draft Express says, “Good intensity and fundamentals” on the defensive end
- Finishing around the basket or in traffic
- Lack of size and strength
- His elite skill of getting to the free throw line may not translate to the pro level
How he fits with the Suns:
Green would be a good flyer to pick up at the end of the first round if for some reason, Phoenix decides to go with a big man with the #5 pick or with another pick in the lottery that could be traded for. Some of those point guard and shooting guards have basically the same skills as Green with the addition of the innate genetic size, strength and athleticism that has propelled them into a high lottery draft pick. If even a fringe playoff team or better drafts him he may be riding the bench for a couple seasons, despite his talent.