Allen Crabbe (shooting guard/small forward)
Weight: 197 lbs
Max Vertical Leap: 36”
Courtney Lee. Both Crabbe and Lee are almost the same size with long arms. Crabbe is also destined to become a complementary role player that has the potential to defend and can shoot very well, but isn’t elite or exceptional at any particular skill, which limits his ceiling at the pro level.
- Excellent shooter including three pointers and catch and shoot
- Jumpshot has all essential mechanics, high release point, speed for good shooter
- Longs arms that help in defending other wing players
- Below average ball handling
- Needs to work on court vision and passing instincts
- Needs to work on finishing in the paint with contact
How he fits with the Suns:
When Crabbe was in college at California his expertise as a catch and shoot player weren’t able to be utilized to their full potential because he was a focal point of their offense, which enabled the defenses to focus their defensive strategy on him. The Suns almost certainly won’t have a draft pick anywhere close to where Crabbe will go to gain any value by taking him and wouldn’t even if they did, since he isn’t a playmaker. However, for a playoff team he would fit in nicely and shine more than in college with the defense focused elsewhere.