Trey Burke (point guard/shooting guard)
Weight: 187 lbs
Max Vertical Leap: 36.5”
While the comparison might seem like a stretch, Burke could be a more athletic, but less skilled and shorter version of Steve Nash. Great shooter with excellent court vision who is a defensively liability at times sounds like Nash. Burke just has to take care of his body like Nash did to have a fantastic career.
- Prototypical point guard and versatile
- Excellent shooter
- Great passer with amazing court vision
- Needs to be better defensively
- Needs to work on finishing (and with left hand) inside in the paint in traffic
- Slender frame causes concerns as to his ability to stay injury-free
How he fits with the Suns:
Burke would fit in perfectly with the Suns as the extra ball-handler that Goran Dragic was clamoring for at the end of the season. He could be the point guard with the bigger Dragic sliding to shooting guard for a talented backcourt that could score and distribute the ball.