Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (shooting guard/small forward)
Weight: 204 lbs
Max Vertical Leap: 34.5”
Evan Turner popped into my head when thinking about Caldwell-Pope. Good shooting stroke, and mostly on pull-up jumpers inside the three-point line with the athletic and physical ability to get better in all facets of the game, sounds like Turner.
- Great off-the-dribble offensively
- DraftExpress.com says, “Excellent scoring instincts”
- Has the work ethic to get better as seen by vast improvement from freshman to sophomore seasons in college at Georgia.
- Needs to work on ball-handling skills
- Needs to work on finishing at the rim
- Needs to get stronger to be in the paint more
How he fits with the Suns:
He could be a decent player in the NBA, but not really what the Suns need. They need someone who has the ball-handling skills to create their own shot, which is basically the thing Caldwell-Pope doesn’t have. Also, DraftExpress.com has him going 12th overall which isn’t realistically in range of any of Phoenix’s draft picks.