Nerlens Noel (center/power forward)
Weight: 206 lbs
Max Vertical Leap: N/A (injured during NBA combine)
Right now Noel’s closest comparison is to Chris (Birdman) Andersen. They both are tall, athletic, slender, with a gift for blocking shots, but both of their offensive games are limited to drop-off dunks, putbacks and transition baskets. However with significant work, Noel could end up compared to some of the legendary centers in the history of the NBA.
- Ridiculously athletic in every facet with vertical and lateral quickness
- Great on defense and with timing on his blocks
- Lots of potential. Draft Express’ profile had this line, “It’s after all much easier to teach a player how to be solid on defense than it is to teach them how to block a shot with their elbow”. Just shows how explosive he can be on defense.
- He is coming off of ACL surgery on his knee
- He doesn’t have very much experience with only 24 games played in college.
- Slight frame that doesn’t lend itself to banging down low in the post
- His offensive game is almost non-existent at his young age
How he fits with the Suns:
Noel is one of the many pieces that the Suns need. He would help them get younger; bring more athleticism and defense, while still being able to run the floor to keep a semblance of an up-tempo offense. He will almost certainly go number one however, so Phoenix won’t have a chance at grabbing him.