The Phoenix Suns(11-20) have lost five straight games and are set to take on the best team in the NBA tonight in Oklahoma City against the Oklahoma City Thunder(23-6). The Thunder have won 11 straight games at home and will attempt to win call streak tonight while simultaneously giving the Suns their six straight loss
“These moral victories, or whatever you want to call them, don’t do anything because at the end of the day they either put it on the left side or the right side,” coach Alvin Gentry said.
The Suns have been absolutely atrocious on the road this season losing 13 of 15 games the Thunder have won six straight games over the suns. Going into tonight‘s game the Oklahoma City Thunder are the favorites by a 12 point margin according to ESPN.com. The Suns currently has Goran Dragic, and Jermaine O’Neal on the injured listed as day to day while Oklahoma City has Perry Jones on the injured list listed as day-to-day
Keys to the game: Suns
– At this point I might as will be a broken record but nonetheless the Phoenix Suns have to defend the three point line tonight against Oklahoma City. The Thunder are one of the best three-point shooting teams in the NBA and is shooting the long ball over 40% this season. With snipers like Kevin Durant and Kevin Martin on the roster, the 3-pointer is a huge part of the Thunder offense.
– Concentration! Oklahoma City is one of the hardest places to play in the NBA due to the college crowd like atmosphere the Phoenix Suns will have to keep their composure when there are shifts of momentum throughout the course of the game.
– Make somebody else beat you as in don’t let Kevin Durant beat you. Durant is having a career year and even if he has his typical game it’s going to be of rough night for the Suns.
Keys to the game: Thunder
– Take Goran Dragic out of the game. It seems like Dragic’s production directly correlates to Suns wins so if the Thunder can manage to shut down Dragic their chances of winning tonight‘s game becomes that much greater.
– Spread the floor. This Suns horrific three-point shooting defense Is something a Thunder has to take advantage of tonight look for big night from Kevin Martin or Kevin Durant.
– Welcome to the block party. Both teams love blocking shots Oklahoma City ranks number one in the league behind their block machine Serge Ibaka while the Phoenix Suns are ranked ninth in the NBA in block shots. Shot blocking has been the norm for Oklahoma City Thunder let’s see if the Phoenix Suns can step up to the challenge tonight by creating some intimidation with a few blocks of their own.
Match-up of the night!
– It’s going to be the battle of the small forward to tonight! Kevin Durant vs. Jared Dudley. Kevin Durant is arguably having the best year of his career thus far this season Jared Dudley on the other hand has the lighting it up for the sums as of late info please last four games he’s averaging 21 points on over 50% shooting from the field and over 90% from the free-throw line. Let’s just hope Dudley’s hot shooting will continue tonight against The three time scoring champion.