The Suns just saw their 4 game winning streak snap last night in Portland against the Blazers who were on a winning streak of their own. Tonight the Suns will take on yet another hot team, the hottest team in the league by far in the Los Angeles Clippers.
Coming into tonight’s game against the Suns the Clippers have won 12 straight games and currently own the 2nd best record in the western conference and in the NBA behind only the Oklahoma City Thunder.
The Clippers are the favorite by a 6.5 point margin in tonight’s game and the Clippers will be without former Sun Grant Hill who has yet to play a game for the Clippers this season and also Chauncey Billups. The Suns are injury free.
Keys to the game: Suns
- Contain Chris Paul. The Clippers go as Paul goes, he’s the engine that makes the locomotive that is the Clippers go. Goran Dragic is being asked a lot of right now, one night guarding the rookie sensation Damian Lillard, and tonight Chris Paul…Dragic allowed Lillard to dominate last night let’s hope for different results tonight against CP3.
- No turnovers! This Clippers thrive off of those exciting transition plays which more often than not leads to a Lob City play, the Suns need their crowd to be into tonight’s game but not off of exciting plays by the Clippers but rather exciting plays by the Suns.
- Defend the 3-point line! The Suns did a good job guarding the 3-point shot last night against Portland, they will need to do so again tonight. The Clippers has more snipers on their team than the Blazers so they Suns will need to look out.
Keys to the game: Clippers
- Don’t expect a freebie. The Clippers have won their last 4 games by an average of nearly 17 points. The Suns aren’t threatening the Miami Heat for the NBA title but if the Clippers sleep on this Suns team their winning streak could end tonight in Phoenix.
- Bench vs. Bench. Both benches are loaded with weapons and the bench that plays the best may very well get their team the W tonight. The last time these two teams played it was the Clipper bench that propelled the Clip show to victory outscoring the Suns bench 56-45.
Match-up Of The Night!
- I don’t want to put the spotlight on Goran Dragic for two straight games but how I can resist? It shall be Goran Dragic vs. Chris Paul ladies and gentleman! Both points guards love getting into the paint and playing aggressive defense and in attempts to get steals, it’ll be a good one.