ValleyoftheSuns Live: Suns vs. Warriors postgame show

Posted by on January 2nd, 3:11 pm

Tags: Golden State Warriors · Phoenix Suns · Video Blog

• 1 Tony // Jan 2, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Great win for the Suns and it was great to see Nash dominate again. Hopefully he’s fully recovered from the rib injury.

Also how about Morris?!!! The kid is playing like a beast. I love his confidence in his game something you don’t necessarily expect from a rookie.

Even though the Suns are playing the Mavericks next, a team who has had the Suns number the last few years, with them struggling, hopefully the Suns can put together back to back wins.

• 2 Scott // Jan 2, 2012 at 4:42 pm

For a goofy Shaqesque nickname for Morris, how about “the big sangfroid.” ;)

• 3 Grover // Jan 2, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Great to see a win, but I didn’t like what I saw from the Suns. Nash found his shooting touch down the stretch (finally), but both he and Hill are starting to show their age. Maybe it’s that the surrounding cast isn’t as good and exposes what was already their, but Nash seems to lack the speed and strength to create the angles he used to get to open up passing opportunities. The other likely explanation if not age is that Nash needed Stoudemire more than Stoudemire needed Nash.

Whatever the reason, this team can’t make the playoffs unless multiple players start playing much better than we’ve seen so far this season. The West is just too tough.

• 4 phx suns fan in la // Jan 2, 2012 at 8:09 pm

garet siler got waived?

• 5 steve // Jan 2, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I really like what I see from Morris. Dude plays tough and big. We need that badly. He’s very polished for his age as well. If he has the will to improve, he can be a very good player for a decade in this league. I don’t think it was very pretty, but a win is a win.

• 6 Scott // Jan 2, 2012 at 11:09 pm

@pxh -

I don’t see Siler’s name on the Suns.com team roster, but Monday’s transactions have not yet been posted on the NBA’s site, so I see no confirmation that he’s been waived.

However, waiving him would make sense. The Suns are 3-4 deep in players who could cover center before Siler. Because of this, Siler might want a chance to go play overseas.