Bismack Biyombo 2011 NBA Draft: Strengths and Weaknesses

Posted by on June 21st, 11:41 am

Here’s a look at some other Suns draft prospects:

Klay Thompson

Marcus Morris

Jimmer Fredette

Tristan Thompson

Jordan Hamilton

Markieff Morris

Mike Schmitz

Mike Schmitz is a former ValleyoftheSuns writer who now works as an assistant video coordinator for the D-League\\’s Bakersfield Jam. He specialized in video breakdowns for VotS.

Tags: Draft · Phoenix Suns · Phoenix Suns Analysis

• 1 Cam // Jun 21, 2011 at 6:32 pm

I forgot I was watching Bismack and thought I was watching a young Dwight Howard, minus a little on the inside game. Other than missing the gimmies on the inside, everything else, from his lack of range to his horrible free throw shooting reminded me of Howard. What one scout said was right, Bismack played one on one against himself, and he lost, lol. Go Suns.

• 2 Jon L. // Jun 21, 2011 at 7:35 pm

He is still pretty raw, but may be worth a flyer later in the lottery.

• 3 Phx suns fan in la // Jun 21, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Has anyone else heard this? Gortat to minnisota for the 2nd pick…..i hope its not true

• 4 KLS // Jun 21, 2011 at 9:08 pm

The Gortat rumor is totally false- Gortat even got a call from the front office to calm him down. Even though Williams is a good player, it would be. Horrible trade.

• 5 Cam // Jun 21, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I just hope the Suns can pull off the trade with Golden State. That would be a highway robbery. Go Suns.

• 6 Cam // Jun 21, 2011 at 10:16 pm

If the Suns don’t make some positive moves through trades with the trade chips they I will be very disappointed. They may not be strong trade assets but someone is going to need cap relief, enter VC, a defensive minded small forward on a one year salary, hello Pietrus, 23 y/o 7’0″ center in the last year of his rookie wage scale, let me introduce you to Fropez. Hey should be able to get a pick or two in the late first to mid second for these players. Take a chance on a big man like Tyler or a player who didn’t play as well as he was hyped like Selby. I don’t know, I just need to see the team go somewhere. Get worse or get better. Just don’t string me along through another season of mediocrity. The fans don’t deserve it and Steve Nash doesn’t deserve it. Go Suns.

• 7 Steve // Jun 21, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Wow, after watching that vid of Bismack, I’m thoroughly impressed with his physical tools. I would have a hard time passing him up even though he a total liability offensively.

• 8 Rich Anthony, (KJL) // Jun 21, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Seriously, if BIS can set a screen for Drag – @+*# sorry. Still think that trade was a nightmare.
    Anyway if BIS can set a screen for Dowdell without drawing offensive fouls and dive to the hole, then he fits perfectly with the bench mob.

• 9 PHS Suns Fan In LA // Jun 22, 2011 at 10:16 am

PLEASE draft Jimmer…..brooks is def not our future pg and jimmer can learn from nash … i agree that we need a big also but i would take jimmer then make a trade for a millsap or another big.

• 10 Mel. // Jun 22, 2011 at 10:58 am

… I think I’ve got more of an offensive post game than Bismack does, at this point. And I’m six-two and have ten-pound dumbbells for feet.

• 11 Auggie5000 // Jun 22, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Bismack is a great GREAT gamble. Bet the house on him because whatever he can’t do in an offensive showcase, he will more than make it up on the defensive end. You can teach those moves but you cannot teach athelicism AND hustle AND a knack for timing.
    Can’t be any worse than Shawn Marion. Think about it.