Another win over Utah and a good fight against Dallas is enough to keep this Suns fan happy… for the moment.
- Win vs UTA: 102-101
- Loss vs DAL: 112-106
This Weeks Leaders
- Points per game- Channing Frye (27.5)
- Rebounds per game- Channing Frye (9.5)
- Assists per game- Steve Nash (14)
Three Good Things
- Beating Utah, again. If playoff seeding does come down to a tie between Phoenix and Utah, this win gives us the edge.
- Channing Frye, again. So far this sounds like the same list as last week, but I can’t let it go without saying after he sets a new career high with 31 points and averages 27.5 over the 2 games this week. You can read more about it in Andrew’s article here.
- The Jazz are plummeting, Melo trades are looming and Rudy Gay is out for at least 4 weeks. The road to the playoffs is not as steep as it once was.
Three Bad Things
- Josh Childress. His DNP-CD’s are building up and a contract like his is tough to move without taking some rubbish back.
- Goran Dragic. His return was supposed to be one of the good things, but his sub-par play has forced Nash to play 37 mins per game this week.
- A lack of presence at All-Star weekend. Even Cleveland had Daniel Gibson missing three’s in the 3-point contest.
Suns have a home game against Atlanta before hitting the road to face Toronto and Indiana. All of these games are winnable for the Suns and its going 3-0 rather than 1-2 on weeks like this that make the difference between the playoffs and the lottery. Time to put your foot on the gas Phoenix, I want to see a perfect week.