One on one with Mr. ORNG

Posted by on December 11th, 5:50 pm

PHOENIX — I attended the #SunsTweetup last night with Lockman handling coverage duties and had a chance afterward to catch up with Mr. ORNG.

If you’ve been to or watched a home Suns game of late you must know who I’m talking about, the dude dressed in ORNG from head to toe who’s often shown on the Jumbotron or FS Arizona. Mr. ORNG is catching on fast, as a handful of fans wanted to take pictures with him before we could chat.

I asked him about his real identity, why he does it and the kind of reaction he gets from Suns and opposing fans alike in the interview below:

Tags: Fans · Phoenix Suns

• 1 callmebitter // Dec 11, 2010 at 6:06 pm

Patrick Battillo. Cannot stand this guy at all. Knew him in high school and could not stand him then. The mr. orang(e) getup is clever but not really too original. Cocky, self absorbed and really melodramatic. Hoping his popularity dies out. Can’t stand watching my Suns games and seeing him jump around like an idiot.

• 2 Auggie5000 // Dec 11, 2010 at 7:08 pm

What ever happened to Suns Man?? he was the sh#t…. had a cape and everything. These guys rock.

• 3 mr purple // Dec 11, 2010 at 10:21 pm

I’m mr. purple HURR DURR. I wear all purple, because thats my favorite team color and I regurgitate factual information that I hear from HURR DURR sports news.

• 4 KJ // Dec 12, 2010 at 11:44 pm

Dude,
    A small but important tip when interviewing someone. Don’t talk over there answers, especially with no point remarks like “uh huh”, “yeah”, “oh really” It makes you sound amateur. just a tip. not hating. im a professional just helpin out.

• 5 Season Ticker Holder // Dec 16, 2010 at 10:58 am

Just a comment in response to the person that is callmebitter, you may think that about Mr.Orng, but I have interacted with him at many games and can not say how sweet, personable, caring and nice he is. He goes out of his way to help others in the stadium, he does so much with the fans and kids and is a really sweet person. Maybe you should not harbor feelings from a long time ago about someone and make judgments like that. I hope he continues to shine in the light, because he is a great ambassador to the Suns and as a Season Ticket holder for 30 years, I appreciate him and what he does for the team.

• 6 mr purple // Dec 20, 2010 at 2:29 pm

“Maybe you should not harbor feelings from a long time ago about someone and make judgments like that. I hope he continues to shine in the light, because he is a great ambassador to the Suns and as a Season Ticket holder for 30 years, I appreciate him and what he does for the team.”
    To respond to each of your sentences in order; No, No, ok.

• 7 Grand Pa & Grand Ma // Jun 18, 2011 at 10:50 am

We have come to know and adore Patrick. He is the ultimate Fan and any team would be proud to have Patrick encouraging the crowd at home and away. We love his energy that he brings to the game night after night. Now you can catch him at the Mercury games as well. We hope that Phoenix Suns see the value that Mr. Orng brings to the organization. By the way for those of you who would like to get onboard with Mr. Orng you may purchase a great Mr. Orng t-shirt. Love you Patrick. Grand Pa & Grand Ma

• 8 Season Ticket Holder // Aug 23, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Mr Orange is inconsiderate and attention seeking. Although I’m all for team spirit, I’m also for showing consideration for fans around me. He is so loud and so obnoxious that I can’t even enjoy watching the game. He whistled so loudly that my ear actually hurt after the game. And when asked “not to stop” just to have a quieter whistle he refused and was rude. Get a life Mr Orange! Stay away from the Merc games……the X-Factor has done just fine without you!!