The wait is over…

Posted by on September 26th, 11:45 pm

The Phoenix Suns will officially begin preparations for the 2010-11 NBA season with Monday’s media day and trip to San Diego for the start of training camp, which will take place Tuesday through Sunday at RIMAC Arena on the University of California San Diego campus in La Jolla, Calif.

With the Suns advancing deep into the Western Conference playoffs followed by all the hullabaloo around Amare in July and the recent FIBA World Championship, it feels like there hardly has been an offseason, unlike last summer’s unthinkably long wait for basketball.

Answers to questions such as how Hedo Turkoglu will fit in, what rotations the Suns will use with all their depth and the all-important question of whether Zabian Dowdell or Matt Janning will make the team will begin to be answered this week.

Welcome back everyone!

Tags: Phoenix Suns

• 1 Freddy // Sep 27, 2010 at 12:09 am

Late Post.. :) Glad to see I wasn’t the only one up this late. I am excited for this season. Should be a good one.

• 2 Freddy // Sep 27, 2010 at 12:12 am

And yes with the Suns deep run in the Playoffs, Free Agency Summer Of Lebron and Kissing Amare Goodbye, Finding a GM, FIBA, and the season around the corner. This Offseason was full of Basketball.

• 3 JoCaLa // Sep 27, 2010 at 1:38 am

Suns WILL be playoff material.

• 4 Kyle Fleeger // Sep 27, 2010 at 9:07 am

53-29…. they will not illegally play 10 games

• 5 King Fahd // Sep 27, 2010 at 12:01 pm

I know its too early, but I still foresee a big trade happening before February (trade deadline). Either to add more intensity to a contender, or dismantle a non-playoff team. But something will have to give..

• 6 Kyle Fleeger // Sep 27, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Hollinger today posted that he thinks the Suns go 38-44 and finish 10th in the Western Conference. I think he said nearly the same thing last year. I think he is crazy. The Suns will go 53-39 for 4th in the Western Conference. That’s my prediction.

I can’t wait for training camp! It’s time for the Suns to create the chemistry needed for a playoff push.

• 7 Eagle Sun // Sep 27, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Suns will be even better and win 60+ games.

I also think that there is a code when Gentry says, ” we’re not bringing in these players to replace Amare”. I think he doesn’t want to depend on one player with a big Ego–( Think Marion, Shaq, and STAT.)

I don’t think that there will be a big trade, but I think that this team will be better than last year’s.

Which, by the way, should have won 60 games last season, but had some lapses during Dec and January–

Gentry will fix that.