Phoenix Suns to make ‘major announcement’ tomorrow

Posted by on July 19th, 5:44 pm

The Phoenix Suns have scheduled a press conference for tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. at which they will make “a major announcement.”

According to The Arizona Republic, that announcement will be the hiring of Lon Babby as the team’s president of basketball operations, a position formerly held by Steve Kerr.

Babby, a former player agent, will likely be joined in the front office by a more traditional general manager, although it’s unknown if this announcement will also cover that hiring.

Owner Robert Sarver and head coach Alvin Gentry are expected to be on hand for the presser, and ValleyoftheSuns will be on the scene with all the coverage.

Tags: Lon Babby · Phoenix Suns · Phoenix Suns News

• 1 Rick // Jul 19, 2010 at 4:44 pm

Hey guys I was wondering if Sacramento has any thoughts of trading Jason Thompson. I really think with the Kings drafting Cousins and Whiteside that hes kinda the odd man out. but he actually would be a cheap and effective big man. he can rebound. pick and roll very nicely. he would do great in the line up.

• 2 Drew // Jul 20, 2010 at 12:24 am

Rick, I dont know how this relates to this article, however, I totally agree with you! I'd love to see Thompson here. He would be a great addition! Make it happen Babby!

• 3 Rick // Jul 20, 2010 at 1:47 am

Haha I know drew it doesnt related. Only place I could find to put it

• 4 iLoveTaint // Jul 20, 2010 at 3:22 am

I went to school with Jason in NJ he would be a great fit

• 5 Diego // Jul 20, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Great job, Michael! I’ll wait for your coverage.

• 6 freshoffthepress.org // Aug 2, 2010 at 1:09 am

More Phoenix Suns GM candidates emerge, sources say…

I found your entry interesting thus I’ve added a Trackback to it on my weblog :)…