, Taylor Griffin and a pair of yet-to-be-determined Phoenix Suns draft picks will get some extra work in this summer in the annual NBA Summer League in Las Vegas.
The players will take to Sin City for a five-game set amongst a slate of 58 games featuring 22 teams. The University of Nevada-Las Vegas is hosting the event. Here’s the Suns’ schedule:
- Friday, July 9 vs. Houston; 3 p.m. at COX Pavillion
- Saturday, July 10 vs. Toronto; 1 p.m. at COX Pavillion
- Monday, July 12 vs. NBA D-League squad; 5:30 p.m. at Thomas & Mack Center
- Wednesday, July 14 vs. Cleveland; 5:30 p.m. at Thomas & Mack Center
- Thursday, July 15 vs. Golden State; 3 p.m. at COX Pavillion
General admission entry to a day session is $25 per ticket. Click here for a full schedule of the Summer League.
Should be an interesting bunch, considering some of the top draft picks (teams with 10 of the top 14 are expected to participate) will be competing. That could mean the league’s first looks at the likes of John Wall and Evan Turner. And hopefully a much-improved Clark showing signs that he is ready to make a significant contribution this season.
Here’s to hoping the rookies don’t get lost in the bright lights of Vegas and gamble away their first paychecks…