The Suns did what they wanted to do on Thursday night, going up 2-1 in the series while embarrassing the Trail Blazers on their own floor. With the advantage back in the Suns’ hands, here’s the latest links from around the nation…
- Dave at BlazersEdge says the Trail Blazers can’t panic and rush Brandon Roy back just because they’re down 2-1, but suggests he might be back if Portland can force a Game 7. He also guarantees Portland will win at least one more game.
- ESPN’s John Hollinger thinks Portland’s Game 1 win may have just been a fluke and says the Suns are simply a more talented team: “With no Brandon Roy, no Greg Oden, no Joel Przybilla and no Batum, the Blazers were basically bringing a knife to a gun fight. Forget the X’s and O’s — the Suns are just better.”
- The Oregonian‘s John Canzano compared Game 3 to “watching your best friend get beat up” and calls out the team for their lack of confidence: “[H]ow can any of us believe in the Blazers when they don’t believe in themselves?”
- The Oregonian also has some interesting reader polls that show rather mixed feelings among Trail Blazers fans. It seems voters don’t think that the Trail Blazers can win the series, but they can win Game 4.
- Dan Bickley of The Arizona Republic wonders if Amare Stoudemire could face a suspension for throwing an elbow and suggests that everyone in the Suns’ organization is a bit worried about it.
- Kevin Pelton of Basketball Prospectus writes that early foul trouble and slow starts from Rudy Fernandez and LaMarcus Aldridge set a negative tone for the Trail Blazers.
- The Arizona Republic‘s Paul Coro reports that Suns center Robin Lopez, who is rehabbing a bulging disk, won’t play in this series and discusses his progress with team trainer Aaron Nelson. Coro also examines the possibility of the Suns losing Lou Amundson to free agency this summer.
- At the TrueHoop mother ship blog, Henry Abbott has the Suns Jason Richardson on his “nice list.” Try to guess which Trail Blazer made his “naughty list.”